Everything you ever needed to know

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Hitting the pavement

I finally felt well enough (knee and hamstring wise) to get out again yesterday afternoon. It was almost 80 degrees and felt like I was sludging through a swamp. I can already tell that running in the summer will not be my favorite pasttime. I tried a different pair of shorts but still felt uncomfortable in them so I think I'll stick with the running capris that I got for warmer weather. I should have brought water with me. I was drenched in sweat and thirsty after 1.5 miles. I also had to use the bathroom - even though I went before I left. All in all it was a hard, unsatisfying run. My original plans were to go 6 miles but I think it was closer to 3.5 miles when all was said and done. But I'll get out there again. My knee feels fine and I still have that 10k to prepare for.

I finally registered for the 10k. I was getting to the point of backing out of it if I didn't register for it. So my countdown has officially begun. One month from today I'll be trudging through Nashville at the back of the pack thinking, why did I want to do this?

No comments:

Post a Comment