Everything you ever needed to know

Friday, March 6, 2009

It's like high school all over

I'm debating whether or not to join a group run tomorrow morning. I sway between two different frames of mind:

  1. I'll be the slowest in the group and thus will end up running by myself and feeling bad about my running abilities.
  2. They won't run far enough for me. But I know that's very unlikely, it's just my wounded pride trying to flip the situation in my favor. :)

I see groups running together when I'm on my lonely long run and I think, man that looks like fun. But I'm not a fast runner so I do worry about the pace even though this group specifically says "all paces welcome." But does that mean they really have all paces come or just that they're a group that's generally comfortable running together but they put it out there that others are welcome?

I should just suck it up and try it. I just don't know if I will this weekend. :)

Today's plan is to XT and then go to Subway for lunch. I'm feeling my right knee and calf muscle a bit from yesterday's run.

No comments:

Post a Comment