Everything you ever needed to know

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Extreme Workout Thursdays

I came up with a new idea for the blog today.

Extreme Workout Thursdays!!!

Extreme Workout Thursdays are for those who exercise on a normal (or semi-normal) basis or those who aren't exercising at all! The whole point is to push beyond your normal workout routine and have one day where you sweat just a little bit more. It's about getting to the point where you think "Why am I *blank*ing doing this?" (cursing is optional) but feel good about yourself when you're done. It could be as simple as adding 5 more minutes to your cardio or an extra rep to your weights - or - it can be as extreme as you can handle (within the normal limits of not killing yourself - I assume no liability for injuries which may occur due to your extremeness). Your only responsibility is to post what you did in my comments box so we can all benefit from the mutual support.

If you aren't exercising at all take EWT as a chance to walk a mile, do some ab work, or ride a bike. And post to let us know how you feel afterwards!

****My own EWT is because I was feeling a wee bit guilty about getting dessert at Olive Garden last night. I went to the rec center with my hubby this morning and ran two miles. Normally that would have been sufficient for my whole day but I felt bad about the dessert so I went back at lunch today to take a Spin and Abs class. And I truly did think as I was walking in, "I want a workout that kicks my butt and makes me think 'why am I *blank*ing doing this?!?" Normally Spin does that to me but I feel great about myself afterwards. Unfortunately the Spin and Abs class had been cancelled so I had to decide what I would do on my own. I first started with the video game bikes. I got 10 minutes into it and was bored (but sweating) so I moved on to doing 10 minutes of the stair climber. Sweat was pouring off me at that point. So I finished it up with 10 more minutes of jogging (got in a mile). I felt much better about my indiscretions from last night until I looked on DietFacts.com and found the nutritional content for the Torta di Chocolate. I never in my life imagined it would be 800 calories. Holy crap! I may need to run again tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Well, my extreme wasn't quite as extreme as your's, but oh well.

    I started week 5 of my C25K today. The routine for today was 3 sets of running for 5 minutes with a 3 min. set of walking inbetween. On the last running session, I ran 6.5 minutes instead of 5 b/c I wanted to finish out the song. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. But you were proud of yourself for pushing weren't you!? See you have now participated in EXTREME WORKOUT THURSDAYS!!! (it has to be capitalized and said with that movie trailer voice)

    ReplyDelete