Everything you ever needed to know

Thursday, April 9, 2009

In spirit

I tried to do my tempo run yesterday and it was really hard. As if I never have run before hard. They tell you that you have those days. I was just feeling smug about my great long run last Saturday so I didn't think a tempo run was going to kill me. But it almost did.

I didn't bring a watch with me so I have to judge my time by the length of the songs on my iPod. I haven't looked at my playlist yet to get the exact times but I'll list it on my weekly results.

But I went two miles at a good speed before I knew I couldn't go any further. So I stopped for about 5 minutes and got a drink a water and walked back down to the next 1/4 mile marker and jogged 2 miles back to my car. I don't think the jog back was anywhere near to a tempo run. It was more of a "I have to get back to my car somehow" run. I almost stopped and walked again but then I saw a series of female runners who looked to be about in the same shape I was. Almost all of them had a look on their face that said "I hate this." And funny as it is that was the exact motivation I needed to keep running.

About another 1/4 to 1/2 mile in I thought about walking again but then I thought of you all that have been reading this and leaving comments. I thought of my BFF that just started running and thought, "I can't give up now". I knew you all were there in spirit encouraging me to keep going.

Then that night as I read the "Going to Bed Book" by Sandra Boynton to my son I saw this picture of all the animals exercising together and I knew that we were all together in this great adventure. I just want to know which one of you is in the pink pajamas and is trying escape by crawling over the wall?

2 comments:

  1. Get on ya' girl, for not stopping! Fairplay! And whatever else they say here for "good job". LOL

    Now, I'll think of this post whenever I want to stop. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be me in the pink pajamas. You are doing great!!

    ReplyDelete