Everything you ever needed to know

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Biggest Loser Gripes and My Mile

Y'all know I'm a huge fan of Biggest Loser and last night was the last episode before the live weigh in. I don't care who wins this year. I wanted Kristen to win but she was voted off a couple of weeks ago. The remaining three can win or not win - I don't care. But if you watched last night's episode you can see that these people clearly have issues that go beyond weight. But I won't go into that for now.

Their final challenge was to "run" a marathon (a full marathon mind you) and they only had 26 days to train for it. WTH? This is awful for common, non-running Americans to see. Completely unrealistic unless you plan on injuring yourself - which happened to Mike. He ended up having to walk the whole 26.2 miles and he wasn't too happy about it. I don't blame him. This would have been a great thing to train for - a wonderful accomplishment for them to achieve. But give them a real training program. Their plan for training was to run, run, and run some more. No wonder he killed his hip. Tara and Helen did a great job but I can guarantee you that they too caused themselves some type of injury that will slow down their other exercises. And Ron, he could only walk it anyway due to his knee issues - even walking the whole thing almost killed him but they let him keep doing it. Who cares if a contestant drops dead - it's good t.v.

Sheesh.

But during the last 15 or so minutes of it I dusted off our treadmill and decided that I would run another "fast" mile. Last time I did it in 8:40, this time I pushed it a bit at the end and did it in 8:20. I want to get it under 8 and then work on trying to keep my 5k under 30 minutes. If I can do 9 min/miles for 3 miles I'll be pretty happy. I think it's do-able I just have to work on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment