Everything you ever needed to know

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

New Schedule - through June

Any bets on if I'll keep it? Anyone? Anyone at all? :)

Here it goes. I don't think I'll do the RC Cola/MoonPie 10 mile race. I'm just not looking forward to the heat/hills. But I still want to train towards a 1/2 marathon and I need some sort of structure to my running to get there. So I did a new SmartCoach training plan and made a few adjustments.

The main differences can be seen on Wednesdays (either tempo or speedwork) and Saturday distances - building up to 10 miles. I might not always make it to the cross-training classes - it will depend upon my work schedule.

Week 2 (because last week was week 1)
Mon - easy 2 mile, Tues - Spin & Abs class, Wed - 5 mile speedwork 1(ugh), Thurs - Abs & Tone, Friday - Yoga, Saturday - 7 mile long run, Sunday - Rest. Total Miles - 14
Week 3
Mon - easy 2 mile, Tues - Spin & Abs class, Wed - 5 mile tempo run, Thurs - Abs & Tone, Friday - Yoga, Saturday - 8 mile long run, Sunday - Rest. Total Miles -15
Week 4
Mon - easy 2 mile, Tues - Spin & Abs class, Wed - easy 3 mile, Thurs - Abs & Tone, Friday - Yoga, Saturday - 3 mile long run, Sunday - Rest. Total Miles - 10
Week 5
Mon - easy 2 mile, Tues - Spin & Abs class, Wed - 6 mile tempo run, Thurs - Abs & Tone, Friday - Yoga, Saturday - 8 mile long run, Sunday - Rest. Total Miles - 16
Week 6
Mon - easy 2 mile, Tues - Spin & Abs class, Wed - 7 mile speedwork 2(double ugh), Thurs - Abs & Tone, Friday - Yoga, Saturday - 8 mile long run, Sunday - Rest. Total Miles - 17
Week 7
Mon - easy 2 mile, Tues - Spin & Abs class, Wed - 5 mile tempo, Thurs - Rest, Friday - Yoga, Saturday - 10 mile long run, Sunday - Rest. Total Miles - 17

Tempo Run - Warm; 10:30 miles; Cool
Speedwork1 - Warm; 2x1600 in 10:09 w/800 jogs; Cool
Speedwork2 - Warm; 3x1600 in 10:03 w/800 jogs; Cool

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Fairplay to ya'! I think you can do it! I haven't ventured into the world of tempo runs and speedwork, but perhaps one day I'll understand all of that. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not too bad once you intially learn the terms (took me a bit of investigation too *lol*). Tempo is straight forward. For my week 3 example I have a total of 5 miles, so when it says "warm, 10:30, cool" it means one mile of warm up (easy pace), then 3 miles at 10:30 per mile, and one mile of cool down. Tempo means to run at the same speed you would run your race. Now speedwork is a bit more complicated because they use meters and I'm an American that has a hard time with meters. :) But 5 miles of Speedwork - "Warm; 2x1600 in 10:09 w/800 jogs; Cool" - means: one mile warm up, 1 mile at a pace of 10:09, 1/2 a mile of a more comfortable jog, 1 mile at a pace of 10:09, another 1/2 mile at an easy pace, one mile of a cool down (1600=1 mile, 800=1/2 mile). With your current training plan it will be pretty similar just as faster speeds.

    ReplyDelete