Everything you ever needed to know

Monday, June 8, 2009

I really do hate gatorade

Even when I put it in my "Guinness for Strength" glass that I got 6 years ago in Ireland.

But I have to rehydrate so I'm taking sips of the nasty stuff until it's all gone. It's all more lovely side effects of my new meds. I'm going to talk to my doctor tomorrow about this whole "the cure is worse than the disease" thing I've got going on right now. So don't expect a whole lot from me exercise wise until I keep my butt off the toilet.

Sorry, too much information I'm sure.

But it did make me think that I never explained the title of my blog. I've always hated Gatorade. Maybe it's because as kids we used more than a full cup of sugar every time we made Kool-Aid but Gatorade has never tasted quite right to me. Before my family moved to the middle of the Arizonan desert where it was too hot to do anything I had a more active life. Every spring I played softball which I really enjoyed (as long as the after game snacks didn't include Gatorade). I also have tried soccer and basketball and I didn't like either of those sports. Too many sprints involved. Eventually they let me be the goalie in soccer but I wasn't particularly good in that position either.

I'm rambling again - I blame my lack of electrolytes. Back to the nasty stuff...

Chug, chug, chug!

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried Powerade? It's a bit sweeter and almost tastes carbonated. Might be worth a shot?

    ReplyDelete