Everything you ever needed to know

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Yes, this is what I think about while running



As I ran one pitiful little mile today, gasping and struggling through each lap this quote came to my mind and I knew I had to share it with you.

I've done almost nothing since last posting. This is somewhat my fault but mostly not my fault as my body has done whacky things with my new medication. I really did intend to get a long run on Saturday but since I felt that getting my heart rate up might cause a heart attack I instead stayed in my house. We're working things out medicine wise and hopefully this won't keep happening.

But not running or exercising (plus ups and down of meds) have made me feel tired, bloated, and unhappy. I was excited to run just a mile today - I had already done a 1/2 hour aerobics class before hand. I think I'll have to build up some endurance again which is a bit disappointing that only a few weeks off of running regularly and you lose so much but this was supposed to be a lifetime goal so I have to remind myself that just because I have a few bad weeks doesn't give me the excuse to give up all together.

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean! I missed almost 2 weeks of running, but still did my XT and I can't run for 25 minute straight to save my life! I can't slow the pace down anymore b/c if I slow it anymore it's to the point where it takes more energy to keep it a "run" rather than to run faster or just walk.

    But, with the added "fun" of hormonal changes, try to be extra patient with yourself. Give your body some time to adjust. Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete