Everything you ever needed to know

Thursday, September 17, 2009

They're not lying about cross-training

My schedule got a bit off this week though I'm still on track for the overall # of miles to do. I did one extra mile on Sunday and one extra mile last night so that makes us for not doing 2 miles on Monday - though it probably would have been better to do the short distances than combining them together.

I did a 5 mile jog last night and since we had about an hour of no rain (constant rain here for 3 days now) I went outside to the greenway. I had about an hour of daylight left as well though the last part of my run was done a bit faster since it was getting darker and I don't want to be alone on the greenway at dusk. So if you need a good motivation factor at the end of the run - use fear. It will keep you going. My time was somewhere between 11 to 11.5 minute miles so it was a good run for me. I had a blister on the bottom of my foot though - probably caused by the other shoes I was wearing yesterday and then aggravated by the run. And I was SOOOO sore at the end of that run.

I came to the realization that cross-training is missing but I just don't have the time to get it in over the next couple of weeks before the 1/2. I need more squats and lunges in my life (good grief - who says these things?). My hamstrings are much weaker than they were before. Who knew all that grunting, sweating, and cussing really was helping me?

Anyway, just a couple of thoughts from my corner - nothing new or exciting. I'm coughing again. Yay! Congested lungs and half-marathon training. Perfect combo...

No comments:

Post a Comment