Everything you ever needed to know

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Time, is on my side.... Yes it is.

You knew it would happen. I get back into the grove and despite all my claims of "I'm not doing it for time!!" I start thinking about my times again. Even though I haven't been able to run straight through a long run I start thinking about times.

What's wrong with my head?

I then try to justify it by saying, well you're being realistic. You're using the pace calculator to see what averages you need to stay within 2 hrs 45 min or 2 hrs 30 min or 2 hrs 15 min.... So on and so forth. (FYI the difference between 2:15 and 2:45 is more than 2 minutes per mile - sheesh.)

Realistically I don't think I can plan on anything faster than 12 minute averages. Even if my first few miles are closer to 10:30 or 11:00 the last few miles will definitely be much slower. So right now if I were to guess my finish time will be somewhere between 2:30 and 2:45.

I also had a moment last night after my 3 mile run where I thought, "am I really running a freakin' 1/2 in 4 weeks? What on earth am I thinking?"

No comments:

Post a Comment