Everything you ever needed to know

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Fickle, thy name is Judy

Fickle: adjective; marked by lack of steadfastness, constancy, or stability : given to erratic changeableness.

I was sincere in my attempts to find something new to train for when I saw this little diddy coming up in November...

Nashville 1/2 Marathon - I Run for the Party

Yes, yes I know I said that I wasn't looking to run another half "anytime soon" but I thought about it some more and came up with these reasons of why I should consider it.

1) I've already done the training. It would be just another month of maintaining my current effort and putting in some cross training to strengthen my muscles.

2) Since I've done the training why lose it all so quickly?

3) It's only 1/2 an hour away and it starts at 8 am (yes I've tripled checked the start time - lesson learned) so I don't have to leave so God awful early in the morning.

4) There's beer at the end.

Okay, number 4 really doesn't matter to me. I've never been in the mood for a beer at the end of a long run but it makes it sound more fun.

I talked to the hubby about the reality of me still putting in long runs on the weekend and he agreed (with a sigh - taking care of two young kids is a lot of work). I don't have to sign up for a while. I've already missed all the early registration discounts so I'll give it a week or so to stew in my brain.

I didn't make it to spin last night but I did have a short'ish (3.5 miles) run on my treadmill at home last night while I watched The Biggest Loser. How psychotic is Tracey? The run wasn't bad but I started getting a pain in my left calf which I've never had. Nothing bothered me during the 1/2 last weekend so I don't know where this came from.

Plans for tonight are to hit the weights though with this soreness in my calf I may focus on abs and arms. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment