Everything you ever needed to know

Monday, December 7, 2009

"I want you to feel like you're going to die!"

I "heart" Jillian. And I'm not techo savy enough to know how to put the "heart" emoticon on the computer but I do have an advanced degree (for what it's worth).

Back in August I bought Jillian's 30 Day Shred which has 3 levels of torture. If you're not familiar with it each workout is 20 minutes long and is divided into three parts which are further divided into three parts:
Part 1: 3 min strength, 2 min cardio, and 1 min abs
Part 2: 3 min strength, 2 min cardio, and 1 min abs
Part 3: 3 min strength, 2 min cardio, and 1 min abs
All three levels are the same length, she just increases the intensity of the exercises. Like in level 1 you can get away with doing jumping jacks and pretend jump rope for your cardio. Where as in level 2 you have to do mountain climbers. And I've blocked out what level 3 is because I don't think my brain could handle it.

All you need is 20 minutes and some hand weights. So last week I finally bought some 5 lb weights (because I learned the hard way that I cannot do this video with 10 lb weights). And while I didn't feel like I was going to die this time around it was a good workout. We'll see how I feel when I increase the levels. But it's an improvement to my try in August when I only made it through 10 minutes of this video (with 10 lb weights albeit). I plan to use the DVD over break since I won't have gym access for a couple of weeks.

Yesterday I stuffed myself full of finger foods, cookies, and adult beverages and stopped counting calories after I hit about 2500 - it was bad, very very bad. Today it was back to boot camp and the elliptical to try and undo some of the damage.

But before my day of carnage (aka Annual Cookie Exchange) I did weigh myself and I got my 2 lb loss last week. That had disappeared by this morning but I knew it was more due to bloating from all the salt and alcohol I consumed the day before. It should float back down again now that I'm behaving.

This is the last week of boot camp. I signed up for a personal fitness assessment to be done sometime this week or next - I'm curious to know my body fat and metabolic rate and all that jazz. I also get my new thyroid test results sometime this week. So this next month should be filled with all kind of fun medical drug experiments. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment