Everything you ever needed to know

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Post Turkey Challenge

Here is my challenge for the week - to eat 1500 calories and burn 500 calories a day for 7 days to give me a calorie loss of 7000 which in theory should be a 2 lb weight loss in a week. This means I have to increase my cardio since my bootcamp only burns between 200-250 per class (so depressing).
I can survive the 1500 calories with careful planning but the exercise will be a challenge to fit in those extra sessions. I also am looking for low impact cardio to give my hip a rest so I'll be on the bike and elliptical a lot this week. Maybe I can get some laps in the pool in if I can plan it accordingly (such as I can't swim at lunch and go back to work because of the whole "wet hair" issue).


I'm not going to do this every week because it's a lot but I think I can handle one week of a challenge. Anyone want to join me? It doesn't have to be a daily 1000 calorie loss but with 500 per day you can lose up to 1 lb in a week. You can divide up the calories between eating less and exercising more. Join me so we can be bitter and complaining together - that is until we look at the scale at the end of the week.

1 comment:

  1. I like the IDEA of that challenge....I'm really struggling getting my workouts in, and have no idea how to calculate accurately how many calories I burn during a run or Turbo Jam...

    ReplyDelete