Everything you ever needed to know

Monday, December 14, 2009

Weekly Results - 12/7-12/13

Sunday 12/6 - Day off from exercise and a "cheat" day for eating. Started to count calories but stopped after it became depressing...

12/7 Exercise - 1000 calories, Eat: 2285 calories, Net: 1285 calories
12/8 Exercise - 550 calories, Eat:1666 calories, Net: 1116 calories
12/9 Exercise - 600, Eat: 1641 calories, Net: 1041 calories
12/10 Exercise - 175, Eat: 2034 calories, Net: 1859 calories (bad)
12/11 Exercise - 730, Eat: 1374 calories, Net: 644 calories (bad)
12/12 Exercise - 400, Eat: 1240 calories, Net: 840 calories (bad)
12/13 Exercise - 810, Eat: 2071 calories, Net: 1261 calories
Total:
Exercise - 4265 calories
Eat: 12,311 calories
Net: 8046 calories
Avg Daily Net: 1149 calories

I was able to lose 2 lbs last week bringing my total weight loss to 9 lbs for my 6 weeks of boot camp. And while my avg daily net calories are fine I did a lot of swinging back and forth this week which can play havoc on my overall metabolism. So this week I'll try to be better. ;)

I've said it before but I love http://www.myfooddiary.com/. It's an awesome way to track your calories and exercise.

Today I talk with the Dr. about thyroid meds and I meet with my trainer for a fitness assessment. Since boot camp is now over I'll get through this week with some regular aerobic classes and cardio at the rec center which will be closed starting next week. So for the two weeks it's closed in December I will try and be good about running (either outside or on our treadmill at home) and doing Jillian's Shred for cross-training. The next boot camp doesn't start until the end of January so my plan (right now - we know how it changes) is to focus on some short runs with speed training for the next 6 weeks. I've signed up for the Zoo Run Run 5k on January 24th and my goal is to run it in 28 minutes. That will be a difference of 3 minutes from my first race last January. It's attainable if I keep focused on speed training. There will be cross-training as well and I hope to stay focused on the diet. If I keep doing what I'm doing I can reach my goal weight by March and that just sounds amazing to me so it's keeping me on track for now.

2 comments:

  1. You are doing so well -- quit beating yourself up over a couple of days this last week your net calories were positive. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mike - I really don't beat myself up about it. I just like to recognize what days are good vs bad. I have 30+ years of bad eating habits so I don't expect things to change over night. It's a day by day process. Some days I do good, some days not so good but the trick is to keep going.

    ReplyDelete