Everything you ever needed to know

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Back to the rec

Is it weird that I love the smell of our rec center? Really, I get so happy when I walk inside and inhale. Now obviously I don't love the smell of sweaty people but our rec center has some kind of smell that makes me happy - I guess because it's now associated with working out and getting healthy.

I didn't make it to my first day of workouts on Monday. Work ended up being crazy. But I had more time today and got a good hour in at the gym. 25 minutes on elliptical and 2 miles on the track. I did a 10 minute warm-up on the elliptical and then planned to run 2 miles at a 10 mm pace but ended up doing both in 19:15 minutes so I stayed a little bit under 10 mm. Then it was back to the elliptical for another 15 (actually 20 minutes with the cool down). It was a good start to my training. The bigger test will be Thursday's tempo run - with the added warm-up/cool down miles.

I also have to get myself back in the habit of being obsessive about writing down my food but that will come... That will come...

2 comments:

  1. I love the smell of a lot of things, but the rec center? :)

    Great job in getting there and really putting the pedal to the medal on your workout. It takes a ton of discipline and you are starting out the year right! Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the smell of paper. :-) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete