Everything you ever needed to know

Monday, January 11, 2010

Weekly Results - 1/4-1/10

Monday - Ridiculous students, no exercise
Tuesday - 10 minute warm-up on elliptical, two mile run (19:15), back to elliptical for 20 minutes
Wednesday - 20 minutes with Jillian and my husband...
Thursday - 3 mile tempo run (9:15 & 9:30)
Friday - rest
Saturday - 20 minutes on elliptical, 5k on indoor track= 29:40
Sunday - 25 minutes on elliptical, 20 minutes on treadmill (walk/run + hills)

Total miles = 9

Plans for this week:
Monday - elliptical and ult. sculpt - if I can sneak out of my office. If I can't get out then just elliptical.
Tuesday - 2 mile easy run
Wednesday - speed work (ugh); 4 mi, inc warm; 4x800 in 4:29 w/400 jogs; cool
Thursday & Friday - rest (classes start and we have to drive to Memphis)
Saturday - long run of 6 miles OR Jillian and 5k run on treadmill (rec is closed for holiday weekend)
Sunday - however the spirit moves me
Total Miles: 9-12 miles

I keep getting announcements of different training groups for 1/2 marathons. I'm thinking about whether I'd rather spend my money on that or on boot camp. One thing in favor of the running groups is that my teaching schedule this spring will make it harder to get to boot camp every day. But I think I would prefer boot camp for it's overall fitness. Decisions, decisions...

1 comment:

  1. If it were me, I'd do the Boot Camp. If you're at all like me, I have a really hard time doing any kind of strength cross training. I can get out and run myself no problem. Yes, company would be nice, but I also feel pressure to go at their pace (whether they're faster or slower), and I actually prefer to run by myself. So, it my life, the Boot Camp would be money better spent.

    ReplyDelete