Everything you ever needed to know

Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Best of "I Hate Gatorade" Year One


A whole year of blogging has gone by. It all started when I decided to stop blogging about my running on the family site since that site was becoming more about "me" than the family. If you've never gone back that far you can read the inaugural post here.

The first year was more about proving that it wasn't impossible for me to run long distances. I learned a lot about running, exercise, & nutrition. I pushed myself more and continually had to remind myself that this is a life long process rather than something I can achieve quickly. This year it's about building a better body. To crosstrain more, eat better, stretch better, lose weight, build muscle, and get stronger. Now that I know I can go the distance it's about seeing what else I can do - to continue to break past those mental limitations that I have.

February 2009 - max run was 6 miles
February 2010 - max run 13.1 miles
Pounds gained and lost: 4 lbs gained, 16 lbs lost

So it's time to review the past 150+ posts to pick out some of my favorites. These are ones that make me smile or reflect.

And here's some pics from this past year... Guess what you even get to see the awful 10K one that I didn't want to post before. Don't you feel lucky? Well do ya? Punk.



Click to play this Smilebox collage:

Create your own collage - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox collage

1 comment: