Everything you ever needed to know

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Crime and Punishment

There was a little girl, who had a little curl
Right in the middle of her forehead,
And when she was good, she was very, very good,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. (American poet, 1807-1882)


Ugh what a weekend. My "results" post was written on Friday and set up to automatically post on Monday. I just had to fix my Sunday results to show that I did nothing. But what really happened this weekend was that I not only "fell off the wagon" I took a flying leap off the darn thing. Blame stress, blame PMS, blame me going a bit loco... Bad things happened (aka were eaten) and I felt like crap even as I thought I was making myself feel better.

I didn't do anything on Monday exercise wise. I ate almost a whole bag of chocolate but I didn't exercise. It was almost a mental sickness really - I didn't want the chocolate after the first couple of bites but I couldn't stop eating it (which is why I don't even buy the stuff anymore but this came in the mail as a treat for my kids - poor kids didn't see a bite).

Tuesday I continued on in my wicked ways but by that night I finally found myself changing into workout clothes and getting on the treadmill. 4.5 miles later I felt a little less disgusted with myself. Tonight I planned on atoning even more but I just got an email that my triple play has been cancelled for tonight which bums me out. I'll still go workout - it's my night away and I'm not giving that up. But instead it will be just a cardio workout, either the indoor track or elliptical or some other mix depending on crowds.

So this week I won't lose any weight and will most likely gain a couple pounds back but I have to accept the punishment for my crimes. Next month when PMS starts rolling towards me I think I'll just take some sleeping pills to knock me out for a few days - really it will benefit all that are involved (my husband would agree).

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there, girl. We all have days like that. If nothing else, they serve to remind us how much those things DON'T help, and help us not to binge again for awhile. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and keep going. You're doing awesome!!

    ReplyDelete