Everything you ever needed to know

Friday, February 19, 2010

Dear God, I will be very very good if...

The weatherman is right about Saturday.
I've been very good about exercising this week and want to finish strong. Even if the weather turns bad I'll still workout on Saturday but geez it would be nice to run outside (as I already whined about yesterday). I didn't get my run outside yesterday because my children were also eager to play outside. It was (of course) more important to let them ride their bikes and scooters outside rather than getting a run.

But even though I really, and I mean REALLY, didn't want to - I got my 5 miles on the treadmill. Here's how it played out:
  • 1/4 mile warm up walk (3.0 speed)
  • 3/4 mile slow run (5.0 speed)
  • 1-4.75 miles varying speeds (between 5.0 and 6.5 - almost gave up at 3.75 miles but gave myself a Jillian pep-talk)
  • 1/4 mile cool down walk (3.0 speed)

Total time: 60 minutes, mileage a little over 5 miles.

Today was yoga but I didn't do any cardio warm-up before. I couldn't make my legs run today. They were so heavy last night and that 5.0 miles took an unreal amount of effort and will power. So today I stuck with yoga for stretching. Mileage plans for this weekend are 8 miles with no particular speed in mind - just trying to keep running as long as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment