Everything you ever needed to know

Friday, February 5, 2010

Tempo/Speed/Whatever Run

I did get on the treadmill last night around 8 pm (while watching Grey's Anatomy) with the plans of doing a 5 mile tempo run. This was how it was supposed to go...
  1. 5 min walk at 3.0
  2. 10 min jog at 5.0 (1 mile)
  3. 30 min run at 6.5 (2-4 miles'ish)
  4. 10 min jog at 5.0
  5. 5 min walk at 3.0 (5 mile)
I got through steps 1 and 2 just fine but then something went wrong in my mind for step 3. I decided, "Hey! Let's run at 7.0 (8:34 mm) for a while! That's a great idea!" As you might imagine that "great idea" didn't last for long. I got through 1/2 a mile at that pace and then slowed down to 6.0 (10 mm) for another 1/4 mile, then down to 5.0 for a couple of minutes, and then wandered back and forth between those 3 speeds for a while. I finished at 43 minutes (included 8 minutes of walking total) and had done a little over 3.5 miles. It was enough for a cardio workout but I can't figure out what to actually call this strange run.

Loud trumpet blare - officially 15 lbs down as of this morning!! Might be ruined tonight since I'm escaping getting out of the house with the gal pals for drinks and fried appetizers. You still gotta live but what would Jillian say?

No comments:

Post a Comment