Everything you ever needed to know

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A little experiment...

On Sunday we ate lunch at TGI Fridays (not a great choice diet wise but I did make up for it with a brick later). Afterwards we decided to roam the local mall. Just outside the JC Penney's is a germ infested swamp play area that my kids wanted to play in. So I left the hubby alone to watch them while I wandered into Penney's to see what they had. I've been noticing that I have more and more room in my size 12's so I was interested to see if I could get into a size 10 - something that has not been achieved since I was 11 or 12 years old.

I looked through the racks, intrigued by the "No Gap" promises of one particular brand and finally found a pair of 10's. What happened next is quite accurately protrayed by this clip below (especially around 22 seconds and beyond):





It wasn't pretty (at all) but I did get them over my thighs and hips, zipped up, AND buttoned. Sweet! Of course I won't be buying any size 10's yet but it was a bit satisfying to realize that I can get my legs into a pair.

I'll try to be better about exercising this week. I think the wave of exhaustion has left me though I am fighting a sinus induced cold. Here's the plan (which is similar to other weeks except for the weekend):

March 1st through 7th:
Monday: Lunch spin class, then Arms and B&G after work.
Tuesday: Easy Run, 3 miles, treadmill
Wednesday: Triple Play
Thursday: Tempo Run 5 miles (most likely treadmill)
Friday, Saturday, & Sunday: Some walking with the kids and possible short runs on treadmill (going to Atlanta for a day or so)

Next week is spring break and I've planned on taking the whole week off from work. I plan on getting some really good runs in during this time and checking out a couple of bike stores. My rec center will be closed so cross-training will most likely be Shred videos. I'm praying for good weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment