Everything you ever needed to know

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Quandary

So the 15k is coming up in 5 weeks. I'm going to encourage my husband to switch his participation to the 5k since he hasn't really trained at all for this thing. I was on their website on Monday to check out some things and started looking at last year's results.

The times for my age group on the 5k are pretty slow (as far as 5k's are concerned) which means I could stand a chance of placing in the top 3 of my age group (that's with a 9:15 mm avg) if I too switched to the 5k. If I stuck with the 15k I would place somewhere in the high 20's (with an estimated 10:30 avg).

So pride, it's a tricky thing. I mean sure it would be super cool to say, "yeah I got 2nd place in my age group because I'm super fast like that" - there won't be many races where I can say that. Darn all you 30-35 year old women who are much faster than me!! But it would be more challenging to run 15k at 10:30 mm averages.

I also haven't gotten past 6 mile long runs so training for a 5k would be easier for the next 5 weeks. But am I doing what's easy or what's more challenging? Crap.

Think, think, think...

No comments:

Post a Comment