Everything you ever needed to know

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A horse of a different color

Got in my long run yesterday but ended up making it 6 miles instead of 9 since the temps were close to 90 degrees. In EARLY APRIL FOR CRIPES SAKE! I wanted to see how I did running in the heat and at close to 3 miles I knew I would have to cut it short or might have real problems getting back to my car. Even with going to just 6 miles and taking 3 water breaks I still had to take some walking breaks - I could feel my heart accelerate faster than normal and it was hard to breathe. So in all it took me about 70 minutes to finish 6 miles.

I won't give up on hot weather runs but it will take some time to get used to it. Thankfully the weather won't stay this warm for the rest of spring so I'll have a few more runs in the 60's and 70's. I got a lot of sun yesterday. While my arms will tan up nicely for the spring/summer I did end up buying a self-tanner lotion for my legs yesterday while I was waiting for my pictures at Walgreens. I've heard some co-workers talk about how much they like Loreal's products so I picked this one up "L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Tinted Self Tanning Lotion." I used it this morning and am quite pleased (yes this has nothing to do with running but we all like to look tan rather than pasty white). It doesn't have the nasty smell of other tanning lotions, there were no streaks, and my palms didn't turn orange. I don't necessarily like the glitter action they include but my legs do sparkle in the sun.

Tonight I'll either get a short run on the treadmill or do my Ult Sculpt DVD. The indecision is because I'll be watching Biggest Loser so I won't get to the DVD until 9 pm which is probably too late for me to actually follow through in doing the exercise. Here are the plans for the rest of the week:

Tuesday: 2-3 mile run or Ult Sculpt DVD
Wednesday: 20 min elliptical, B&G, and yoga
Thursday: 3 mile treadmill - speed work
Friday: 8-9 mile long run
Saturday: DVD's
Sunday: DVD's

No comments:

Post a Comment