Everything you ever needed to know

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

New speed record

I got a treadmill run in last night while watching Biggest Loser (and switching to LOST on commercial breaks). I ran the first mile easy at a 12 mm pace. Then I wanted to see how quickly I could now run one mile. I started off at a 7:30 pace (8 mph) but couldn't keep that up for long so I then slowed down to 8:35 (7 mph) for about 1/2 a mile. Then I picked up the speed slowly again so I could end within 8 minutes. Next time I won't kill myself with the beginning but rather try to keep a 7.5 speed the whole time. But only benefit of this way was that the 8:35 pace felt so much BETTER than a 7:30 pace that I was happy to stay there. I finished up with a 12 mm pace and then walking to round off at 2.5 total miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment