Everything you ever needed to know

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Shameful truths

Last week my husband and I were invited over to a co-workers house for authentic Indian food. We were so giddy about it. The food was beyond delicious. I ate a lot.

So much, in fact, that I ate until I could literally eat no more and therefore made myself sick.

Repeat - I gorged myself until I made myself sick. Oink. Oink.

So ridiculous because I know better.

I'm not doing great diet wise right now. For the past couple of weeks I've felt apathetic towards the whole dieting deal. I've allowed myself to feel angry and discouraged about how much work it is to lose only a pound and how easy it is for 4 to come rushing back.

In about a week I'll have the choice to eat whatever I want for all the meals for a while and I teeter on the edge of being good or buying a ton of frozen burritos and chips and salsa. I'm just tired of the struggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment