Everything you ever needed to know

Monday, June 21, 2010

Since I didn't perish...

That means I'll have to go ahead with my 1/2 marathon training plan this summer. This is the first week of training and it's pretty easy mileage wise. But I'm perfectly happy with it being easy since I slacked off so much during the last month. My quads are still a little sore from Saturday's run but overall the soreness wasn't too bad. I'm going to lose a toenail again - the same one I always lose (and yes my shoes are big enough). That toe will never be the same I fear.

So here's the plan (and I'm stickin' to it):
Monday - 3 miles (easy) and yoga
Tuesday - Ult Sculpt (a truly evil and wonderful class)
Wedneday - 3 miles (easy again but I'll make easy=9:30 mm)
Thursday - Speed: 1/2 m warm up, then 1/4m speed & 1/4 m rest (repeat 5 times), 1/2 m cool down = 3.25 miles. I want my speed runs to be 9 mm this week.
Friday - yoga
Saturday - 4 miles long - the plan is for 10:30 mm but this is my first group run so I might just go with the flow to test things out.
Sunday - rest/walk (and clean house like a mad woman - family is coming to visit)

Total Miles: 13.25

No comments:

Post a Comment