Everything you ever needed to know

Thursday, July 15, 2010

More than bloated

So yesterday all my pants were tight. Not a good sign. I eventually put on a pair that used to be big on me and tried to suck it in all day - and obviously felt miserable all day as well. But it was enough motivation to get me to the rec center for my run (I skipped Monday's and Tuesday's workouts AGAIN). And also to get me back on the scale this morning.

I've gained 5 lbs in the last month. Ridiculous. There are a couple of factors that go into this.
  1. My diet has been crap and my only workouts have been long runs. Since my diet is crap my calories are not equaling out. Thus I gain weight but still it shouldn't have been 5 lbs in a month.
  2. Summer is a horrible time for me to fit in workouts. My husband was gone for a month, work is busier thus eliminating lunch workouts, I had family visiting for two weeks, and I don't wake up early before it gets miserably hot. I could go on and on. There's something about winter that just makes it easier for me to exercise.
  3. I'm back on hypo-thyroid medication. For normal people this should mean losing weight and feeling better but whenever I take meds for thyroid I feel worse. I just got new blood work done this week so there might be medication adjustments in front of me.
  4. I'm very crampy so I think there is some bloating issues too. Sometimes it's hard to be a woman... For the paranoid people out there (me included) I did take a pregnancy test which was negative so I can't blame that.

So I need to go back to being strict on my diet and better about exercising. Back in April I got so sick of dieting that I started to relax some with the idea that my exercise would balance out any indulgences and I was fine with just maintaining. Well that worked out so well that I've gained a total of 10 lbs back since then. I can't say that I'm excited about going back to a strict diet but I also want my pants to fit so I've got to do what I need to do.

Today is speed work and I'm thinking of also doing a ultimate sculpt class. Since my long run will be on Sunday my muscles will have an extra day to recover from the shock of doing squats and lunges again. They get quite lippy towards me whenever I go back to doing squats.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh!! I hate bloating - whatever the reason is!!

    I'm not looking forward to teh balancing act that is before me once this Pumpkin is born. But, I'm also looking forward to wearing something that doesn't involve an elasticated waistband. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry things are a little down lately. Although a strict diet is hard, I bet you felt better when you were following. Use the memories of those feelings and the desire to feel that way again as motivation. Don't get distressed and stay strong!!!

    ReplyDelete