Everything you ever needed to know

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My body hates me.

What is wrong with me?

For more than a week I've been overly tired, cramping, pissy, and my back has hurt. Yes, all normal things for PMS but I shouldn't be there yet. No, I'm not pregnant nor going through early menopause (at the tender age of 32). But I AM really sick of feeling crappy.

I didn't get my long run in on Sunday because I felt like horse manure all day. I barely got up enough energy to go to the grocery store and that was only because the kids were threatening to revolt if we didn't feed them.

This week's plan called for a 4 mile easy run on Monday and I did force myself over to the rec center despite still feeling like a run-over frog. I thought, "hey isn't running supposed to make you feel better sometimes?" So I got my four miles in with steady 10 mm splits and felt pretty good the whole time. But about an hour or so afterward I felt worse and my back was much worse.

Today I'm laid up at my house and still wondering when I'm going to feel better.

But here's the results for last week (for my memory more than anything else):
Monday and Tuesday - made excuses not to exercise
Wednesday - easy 3.25 miles
Thursday - speed work 6x400. My sprints were at 6.7-7.0 on the treadmill (which is 8:34-7:57 mm) with 1-2 minute walks inbetween sprints. Total time was 25 minutes (included cool down walk at the end) and total mileage was 2 miles.
Friday - nothing because of work
Saturday - 1.25 miles on treadmill and another 25 minutes on the eliptical which said my distance was 2.25 so I "kind of" made up for the miles I should have done on Monday (kind of).
Sunday - should have been a 6.5 mile long run but it never happened.

This week:
Monday: 4 miles easy
Tuesday: cross train (though today it's ended up just being rest because of my back issues)
Wednesday: 4 miles easy
Thursday: 7x400
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 7 mile long run
Sunday: cross train

We'll just have to see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment