Everything you ever needed to know

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Week in review 10/17-10/23

I had unofficially planned to get back in the game this week and I started off well, got lazy, and finished feeling a bit renewed.

Sunday - 2 mile run/walk then hour long introduction to Zumba.
Monday - 4 mile walk
Tuesday - another hour long Zumba
Wednesday-Friday - this is where I slacked
Saturday - return to the rec center; 1/2 hour on elliptical and 1/2 hour jogging on indoor track.

The weather was gorgeous today so I should have ran outside but I think I got more done (calorie burn wise) with a combo of the elliptical and jogging. I would have walked more outside. My goal next week is to get one hour of cardio for 6 of 7 days.

Sunday - Zumba (this will be my "fun" exercise)
Monday - Rest day
Tuesday - Zumba
Wednesday - Elliptical/Jog
Thursday - Spin
Friday - Elliptical/Jog
Saturday - Jog

After a couple weeks of cardio I'll add some strength and toning again but I want to get the cardio going first. Also the diet starts tomorrow. I just made some homemade granola (delish) to help us along the way. Of course my diet is doomed to fail since Halloween is also next week - but it's good to set unreasonable goals.... Isn't it?

1 comment:

  1. Me too...I took about 3 1/2 weeks off...last week I used to get back into "training mode" and this week is to team that with the nutrition...ugh but why do the Oreo's and chips keep calling my name...

    I'm glad to see someone else is starting the same week back I am...good luck!

    ReplyDelete