Everything you ever needed to know

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The guacamole demon

Now that would make an awesome episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

I finally have a "weekly results" worth mentioning so I'll start off with that:
  • Monday 1/31 and Tuesday 2/1 - no exercise
  • Wednesday 2/2 - 45 min afternoon boot camp (think aerobics and boxing together)
  • Thursday 2/3 - 30 min lunch boot camp (circuit training) and 60 min Zumba at night
  • Friday 2/4 - 30 min lunch and 45 min afternoon boot camp (both were circuit training but they did different exercises and the afternoon included some spin)
  • Saturday 2/5 - 40 min of elliptical, 10 min of stair machine, and 10 min of running with hills
  • Sunday 2/6 - 60 min Zumba
I'm back to the "pleasant soreness" after workouts rather than "please shoot me now - really now, please!" soreness. However, after checking my weight on Monday (up 3 lbs!? from the last check but it had been about 2 weeks since I checked) I finally decided to get serious about the diet. I miss myfooddiary.com. I let my membership expire since I wasn't using it. I'm trying out a free program right now (FitDay.com) which is ok but not as good as myfooddiary.com but you get what you pay for - or don't pay for in this instance. It's a pain to start off a diary and enter in every little morsel you consume but I know from experience that not tracking means I'll overeat. Or even if I eat ok calorie wise my carbs and fats are too high.

Finally, I've decided to review Women, Food, and God. It should arrive next week. I feel like I have a healthy self-esteem and relationship with God but I'm interested to see her take. I am a stress or anger eater and I definitely need more boundaries with my chips and salsa intake. Perhaps this will enlighten me to my inner Mexican food issues?

Bad news is that my side pain is flaring up but it really doesn't affect my exercise so I'm going to keep going and hope that as my abs get stronger it will go away.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a good week! That stinks about the side pain,though. :o(

    I'm on my 3rd day in a row of workouts and I'm sort of borderline between good sore and kill me now sore. We'll see how I feel tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete