Everything you ever needed to know

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Running baseline


My daughter had a fever today so I stayed home with her and missed the lunch boot camp. Then a snow storm came through so I didn't want to stay out late on the roads. I did my own workout that was high on cardio and low on squats.


I started with 35 minutes on the stationary bike and then 30+ min of running. The running was absurdly hard. I got close enough to a 5k within my time limit of 30 min so I went ahead and finished a 5k distance at just under 33 minutes. That included several walking breaks.



Since we all have to start again somewhere I'll make this my baseline for this round of boot camp. I'm not planning on running any longer than 5k for a while so I'll focus on increasing speed and using a run once or twice a week to compliment the other cross training that I get through boot camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment