Everything you ever needed to know

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Nuun Tip

Kona Cola is much better than the Citrus Fruit flavor. Especially when one is trying to give up their diet cola addiction... Diet cola I love you so.... I'm cutting down to once a week. I don't know what it is about the fizzy stuff but I crave it just as bad as any other food indulgence.


Or maybe anything tastes good after a run in 100+ Heat Index weather... Seriously though, Nuun is good stuff after a hot sweaty run.

Also Blueberry Pomegranate Gu Chomps are pretty darn awesome. I usually wouldn't use them on these shorter runs/rides but I've given myself an extra energy kick because of the heat.

This week is going well (least you think my two day absence is a sign of another fall off of the wagon). I had a good swim day on Monday. I've made progress with keeping my head down and finding a pace that won't kill me. I've also become a big fan of pull buoys and wish I could use one in the race. We meet again for group swim tonight so I hope my new positive feelings towards swimming remain.

Tuesday we ran about 2 miles (25-30 minutes) but it was hot and humid so it was a slow run. I was drenched in the after stretch. Downward facing dog is a bit difficult when sweat is pouring into your eyes.

 I went to Zumba afterwards to get a little more calorie burn. The a/c was broken in the main dance room so we all crowded into a smaller studio. We still had a lot of fun together. It's a great group. I'll probably do bike work inside tomorrow since the H.I. will stay high through this week.

I avoided cake at home, biscuits at a breakfast this morning, and croissants/muffins as well. The diet is working for now. I'm eating plenty but watching content and making sure there's a balance. I'll blog about it a bit more later when I can't think of anything else to write about.

Enough random musings for now though.

No comments:

Post a Comment