Everything you ever needed to know

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Long Run Fail - Wine Consumption Win

Perhaps it was unwise of me to plan a long run after a evening out that involved 3+ glasses of wine. Perhaps....

What I look like when not in running clothes.
I got to sleep in this morning which was amazing and much needed. I had thought about going to a 2 hour Zumbathon but I had already missed a half hour of it by sleeping in so long. Then I thought - "hey the temps are still down (now in the upper 70's) so even a later morning run will be workable." But I didn't even make it a mile before I realized though my mind was ready my body wasn't. I ended up going a slow 4 miles which involved plenty of walking.

At first I thought I wasn't pushing hard enough but then I remembered that I was probably pretty dehydrated. So instead of pushing through it I instead eased up. I'll try again for 6 miles tomorrow. And I'll drink more water today.

One other issue on today's run was that I tried to run in my spandex shorts (the ones I bought earlier this summer) and they rode up the whole time. Really annoying. Good thing the weather is getting to where I can comfortably wear capris again.

No comments:

Post a Comment