Everything you ever needed to know

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

C25K - week one

So at this point I have done 2 of the 3 days of the first week of C25K. This is the week where you run one minute and walk 90 seconds with a 5 minute walking warm up at the beginning and end for a total of 30 minutes. With the walking I've done over the past 3 weeks this has been pretty easy to accomplish. Admittedly, I get a bit out of breath at some points but not to the point where I can't run for the full minute. Some of it is that I do have some hills on this route - nothing major but not much of it is flat. So far I really like the free iPhone app that I downloaded: C25K free by ZenLabs. It works along with my music and "map my run" app with no problems.

So no biggie. I think this is definitely the way to ease back into running again since I've been away from it for so long. I actually started looking at possible races (starting in July once we're back in the south).

Other notes: While the C25K lasts for 30 minutes my total exercise time ends up being longer since I'm using my 3 mile walking route. I've added in a couple more running intervals but they're still probably only about a minute long with probably longer than 2 minutes in-between. Also, I had some really bad ankle pain today. Back around Christmas I slipped on some stairs and twisted both my left ankle and knee pretty badly. While it didn't take too long to feel better I occasionally feel some twinges and now this pain. But I iced it, wrapped it, and took some ibuprofen and it feels better. It would probably help it to take a day off of it but I hate to waste gorgeous days - I'd rather take my rest days on rainy/cold days. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment