Everything you ever needed to know

Friday, April 11, 2014

Experiments in Nutrition


To repeat what I've said a few times it's not so much the calories that are the problem but I still like this ecard. :)

After reading the article about weight fluctuations I wanted to play with my diet a bit and see what it would take to get to the following percentages (of total calories): 25% fat, 30% protein, and 50% carbs. I went back and looked at my carb intake for the past 30 days.




MyFoodDiary.com allows up to 65% carbs for a healthy diet. I only went over 65% once in the last month but I want to see what happens over a week if I keep the carbs down closer to 50%.

So after several tries tinkering with my meal plan here's what I have for Thursday:



The calories are in the red zone because my exercise was worth 600 calories and this program wants me to have a minimum net calories of 1200 per day. My vitamins stay in the good zone because I take a daily multi-vitamin. So this is what I actually ate:

Breakfast:
Coffee w/ non-fat French vanilla creamer. 1/2 cup of egg whites. 1 small apple. 1 Sargento Light string cheese.
Snack 1:
1 container of Activia Light (strawberry)
Lunch:
1/4 cup whole (raw) almonds, 2 tbsp. hummus, celery, bell peppers, and cucumbers.
Snack 2:
Special K protein shake
Dinner:
4 oz Fish (flounder), 1/2 c black beans & salsa, 1/2 sweet potato, salad with fat free poppy seed dressing (2 tbsp.), & 1/2 c fat free cottage cheese
Snack 3:
1 cup skim milk

So we'll see 1) if I can stick to this - most likely I'll have a carb attack again, 2) if it seems to help weight loss wise, and 3) if it's still enough carbs to make me feel good while doing the C25K.

No comments:

Post a Comment