Everything you ever needed to know

Monday, April 7, 2014

Weekly Results 3/31-4/6

Exercise

Walked or did the walk/run of C25K all seven days. 25 miles logged, 4170 calories burned.  Still have some soreness in my left ankle and dealing with blisters. Was chased by two dogs, avoided several other dogs, scared some wild turkeys, heard the frogs for the first time since fall, cursed the cold days and wind quite a few times.

Diet

Stayed within, or below, my allowed calories. Felt a lot hungrier at the end of the week than the beginning. Didn't get as much fiber this week as I have gotten a bit sick of beans. Indulged in non-healthy things like chips (within my allowance but not a great choice for my calories). Hope some of these cravings are hormonal and I do better this week.

Weight

Loss: about 2 pounds (hard to tell exactly with my stupid scale).

Upcoming week:

Week two of C25K (run 90 seconds, walk 2 min). I actually started this Sunday and who knew there was such a difference in those 30 seconds?!? It ended better than I thought but the middle (where the bigger hills are on my route) were enough to make me doubt for a few minutes. I turn 36 in a couple of weeks and I really want to be 15 lbs down by then (which I'll immediately ruin because I plan to indulge on cake and margaritas) so the next couple of weeks will be super focused to lose 5 more pounds. I also want to get my weekly mileage up to 30 miles - I won't add it on all at once. It will be a bit easier when I'm running more. The time to walk further distances is a burden. It took me about 115 minutes to walk a little more than 6 miles on Saturday (my pace was slower due to horrific blisters) so I'll be happier to be running that far again.

No comments:

Post a Comment