Since we don't do gluten free in our house and I wanted to lower the fat a little I made some changes to the original recipe:
- I used 1/4 cup of whole wheat flour instead of almond meal.
- I used 1/4 cup of egg white instead of a whole egg
- I used less parmesan - 2 tbsp.
- I used less mozzarella: 1/2 cup for the crust and 1/4 on each pizza (I just used pre-shredded part skim mozzarella)
- I used 1/2 cup of a premade pasta sauce instead of making my own (Francesco Rinaldi ToBeHealthy Tomato and Basil).
Here are the nutrition facts (makes two pizzas so these are the totals for one pizza - based on my measurements):
- Calories: 300
- Fat: 14.4
- Sat. Fat: 8
- Cholesterol: 35
- Sodium: 569
- Carbs: 21.2
- Fiber: 3
- Sugar: 3
- Protein: 22.1
I'll definitely make this again. So good!