Everything you ever needed to know

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Another favorite recipe - Biggest Loser Pancakes

I love me some pancakes. We make them every Sunday and I always want to order them if we go out to breakfast. I know recipes made from scratch taste better but I usually use Bisquick. I use the Heart Healthy version which is a lot better for you than original Bisquick - the original has transfat in it.

But even the Heart Healthy version still isn't really all that good for you so this was one of the first "healthy food" recipes I pinned from Pinterest. I've seen several different pins from various websites for this but Butter with a Side of Bread is where I saw it first.


pic taken from http://www.butterwithasideofbread.com/2013/04/the-biggest-loser-pancakes.html

This only requires 5 ingredients: oatmeal, cottage cheese, egg whites, vanilla, cinnamon, and sugar (or sugar substitute). I didn't worry about adding the optional chocolate chips.

I've made them twice and like them a lot. My children do not like them. They definitely have a different texture than my normal Bisquick pancakes but they're SO much better for you and have a ton of protein per serving.

Here is the nutritional breakdown with fat free cottage cheese and regular sugar:
Batch can make up to 12 pancakes so this is for 1 serving (out of 12)
  • Calories: 56
  • Fat: 0.7
  • Sat. Fat: 0.1
  • Cholesterol: 2
  • Sodium: 96
  • Carbs: 7.4
  • Fiber: 0.8
  • Sugar: 1.9
  • Protein: 5.2
I don't feel bad about eating 3-4 servings of these unlike my regular pancakes where I can only eat 2 and then have to go run them off.

No comments:

Post a Comment