Everything you ever needed to know

Friday, May 9, 2014

Ch, ch, ch, chia!


Over the past few days I've been looking at ways to increase my fiber intake. Of course I've heard of chia seeds (they show up pretty frequently on Pinterest healthy recipes) but I had never made the connection that they're the same thing that makes a chia pet.

Anyway, I happened upon a bottle of chia seeds at the store yesterday and decided to try them out. So far, so good. I like the crunchy texture and they don't have any kind of taste so they blend well with things. While I don't believe the weight loss claims that some sites state about including these seeds in your diet, I do think the high fiber content is a good thing. Here are the nutrition facts:

1 tbsp. of chia seeds (I plan to eat 2 tbsp. per day)
Calories: 60
Fat: 3
Carbs: 5
Fiber: 5
Protein: 3

However, it make take me a while to get over the paranoia that those things are sprouting in my intestine.

No comments:

Post a Comment