Everything you ever needed to know

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Ohhhhhhh what a beautiful morning.... Nope, no it isn't.

So today we woke up and the rain was over, the sun was shining, the birds were singing, and the bugs were buzzing around again. Perfect morning for a run.

Or so I thought.

I had a lovely breakfast of oatmeal pancakes (maybe I'll post the recipe in a later post) and got out there with every intention of finishing week 8 and running another full 3 miles. I started off with no issues. Got out of our complex and decided to run a different route, since it was such a nice day and all.

Got through the first mile which involved two large hills and thought, hmmm maybe taking a different route was not the best idea. Got to 1.5 miles and started up the next large hill and my legs effectively said, "screw you" and I had to slow down to a walk until I got to the top.

Perhaps running intervals for 6 miles on Friday had something to do with my leg revolt... Perhaps...

Made myself start jogging again and did, in fact, make it up another hill and passed the two mile mark. At this point I knew I would only finish the minimum of 3 miles and not go further which I normally do. To get back home I either had to choose a long, steady incline or a short, sharp incline. I decided to do the shorter one and walk the worst part of it. Right at the top the back of my left knee started to cramp up. I tried a quick stretch which made it feel worse but since I was on a downhill I started my jog again and it was okay. I made it the rest of the way to mile 3 without further problems but I was wiped out.

Circles are the walking portions
 
 
My splits were 11:45, 12:23, and 12:40. The last .4 mile of walking to get back to our house took over 8 minutes. The stairs to get upstairs to shower and change clothes was like Mt. Everest. The nap I took afterwards helped.

When I ran intervals on Friday I was loving life and running but today....

No comments:

Post a Comment