Everything you ever needed to know

Monday, July 28, 2014

Finding your path

As mentioned before, I got off track this month with the move and all. I feel like I'm slowly getting on board again although, it some ways it feels like taking a few steps back rather than forward.

Yes, this video really did happen - it wasn't all a bad dream.
I finally got up enough courage to do some outdoor running. A couple years back I would have been ecstatic over 80 degree mornings to run in but a winter up north has ruined that for me. However, it's not as bad as my newly sissified self believes it to be either. I got back to our local greenway (which was my main running route before for longer runs) and thankfully a large portion of it is shaded.

I'm slow and whiney and have to push myself to get through the week 5 routines of my old C25K program but the first step was getting over the "it's so hot!" mental block. It actually is going to be pretty nice here this week so I hope to get in 3 more runs before the end of the week. Since I've only done interval runs over the past few weeks my next run will be a 20 minute stretch (end of week 5 on C25K). If I'm feeling plucky I'll do a full two miles rather than 20 minutes. We'll see - the 8 minute intervals today felt rather long.

I'm not going to do every single day from week 6 forward. I'll probably just do one day each from weeks 6, 7, and 8 and then get back into the longer intervals that start in week 9. If I'm doing well there I might skip some days as well but we'll just have to see how quickly I can get back to where I was - if it's still a struggle then I won't skip ahead. Before I started the other 10k training program I was at the end of week 12. I feel like once I can run a full 6 miles again I can start looking at once a week long runs that slowly increase the miles and have shorter 4-6 miles runs on the other days. I'm starting a spreadsheet to plan it out. While the middle of October feels pretty far away there really aren't too many weeks left.

No comments:

Post a Comment