Everything you ever needed to know

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Three things Thursday

Because apparently this "Three Things Thursday" is a trend in blogging - which means I may do it once.

1) Taking a three week break from running and exercising means that when you do finally run again your whole body is like, "what the heck dude!?"

2) I now live very close to fast food restaurants again and we've spent an abnormal amount of time driving around this town running errands and looking at neighborhoods we might want to buy a house in. I have not tracked my food for three weeks either which means my indulgent self thinks I should eat much more often than I really need to.

3) As of last week I hadn't gained any weight which is a miracle - I haven't checked this week but don't expect the same results.


So I'm totally off the plan for the Up & Running group and I don't really plan on trying to jump in again. I did a 30 min interval run (5 min runs and 3 min walks, repeat 3 times) and it about killed me this morning. I know I can get back to where I was pretty quickly if I stay on track but jumping 3/4th's into a 10k plan that focuses a lot of speed work feels too overwhelming to me at the moment. I can also go back to Zumba classes (which I did once last week) so I plan to incorporate that twice a week into my schedule.

But basically since moving back to Tennessee my extremely laid back, choose your own schedule life has essentially disappeared forever so I need to make adjustments. I will most likely start working again within the next month or two and there's just a lot of stuff to get done while we look at settling back into a permanent life (rather than an 11 month vacation).

My focus is on getting my diet back in order and looking at building up mileage for the half marathon in October. I have no time goals at this point (which means that I'll start obsessing about it in September) so it's just about the mileage for me right now. So the rest of this month is to getting back to a 10k distance and getting used to running in warmer weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment