Everything you ever needed to know

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Beat it

No really - I'm getting on track again.

Really...

Let's hope I can last more than a week or two this time. I'm starting with diet right now and will add in exercise after a week or two (scheduling issues but at least I can tackle what I eat).

I restarted my account on MyFoodDiary.com and while not strictly on any kind of specific elimination or low/no carb plan, I have cut a lot of stuff out. At least initially to cut the addictions. My first two days have been a brilliant success but I know the hard part is coming up. I've been able to avoid the candy at my desk and the chips in my pantry. I've had moments of hunger, real hunger not "I'm bored" or "don't want to feel this feeling" hunger. After weeks of feeling stuffed all the time because I've been eating those feelings mentioned above it feels good. Mentally I already feel better about myself. It's the feeling I can't convince myself of while in the a slump mode but deep down I know.


Just by cutting out the crap and letting my body de-bloat I've already shed 4.8 lbs in two days. I know this is bloat/water weight so I'm expecting a plateau pretty quick but it's always encouraging to see that kind of movement on the scale at the beginning to affirm the choices being made.

Since I don't follow any kind of specific diet my strategy is:

  1. To cut down on carbs and try to keep any carbs that come from grains earlier in the day.
  2. Cut added sugars as much as possible. I still eat fruit and am getting some artificial sweeteners (mostly from Coke Zero) but I plan to cut the sodas out pretty soon too - this is a major addiction.
  3. Up my protein and fiber intake. This helps the hunger and craving issues.
So it's back to lots of cottage cheese, chia seeds, legumes, and salads. For now it's okay - but we'll see how I feel in a week or so.

Until then - my anthem song for today:


Just beat it, beat it, beat it, beat it 
No one wants to be defeated 
Showin' how funky strong is your fight 
It doesn't matter who's wrong or right 
Just beat it, beat it, beat it, beat it, beat it

No comments:

Post a Comment