Everything you ever needed to know

Saturday, July 4, 2015

A tale of two Judys

It was the best of times; it was the worst of times.

Actually, things pretty much just sucked.

I'm feeling rather bleh today (Friday the 3rd). It's a day off which is fantastic, the weather is generally pretty nice. I've gotten in my exercise and diet is going well. But I just feel bleh.

I forgot to turn off my alarm so I first woke up at 6 a.m. I did my normal weight check and I was down another .4 (of a pound). So far, for this week I'm down 2.4 lbs. Then I went back to bed - because there was no need to be up at 6 a.m. and I sure as heck didn't have the energy to go out and do my exercise early in the morning. No pep talk in the world would have helped.

Later at 8 a.m., my family finally had enough of me being unavailable and I got up. I still felt exhausted and not interested in doing anything. I tried to find something to motivate me for the morning and I eventually got out to do my walk. I was happy to find that a new pair of compression shorts I had bought recently online through Old Navy actually fit. I still really am in the XL sizes but I got a L because I knew I wasn't planning on being in the XL for much longer. Along with the shorts I got two pair of linen pants (on a terrific sale). The pants are too tight around my thighs but the shorts were fine - maybe a bit stretched out but they fit fine.

The weather was cooperating (meaning no rain in the next couple of hours) so I decided to drive down to the Greenway rather than walk through my shadeless neighborhood (our subdivision is fairly new so all the trees are still pretty young). My plan was to walk 4 miles. Once I got started though I figured I would stretch it to 5 miles. Then once I got 2.5 miles in, I figured "heck, let's stretch it to 6 miles!" It was a great walk. While warm and humid, there was a nice breeze and plenty of shade. Since I wasn't running I felt fine the whole way through. My walking pace was averaged around 17 m/m.

Then I came home and tried to eat lunch but got full half way through it. I had also drank a protein shake just prior to eating so I guess that had filled up my stomach. After a shower, I collapsed on my bed and went back to sleep for a short nap. Since then I've felt super tired and just bleh.

Part of it is probably legitimate exhaustion. I had a good workout Thursday after work (which I'll talk about more in my weekly results) and then the long walk today. Since I'm still low calorie my body only has so much energy to spare. I recognize that. The other part could be hormones, thyroid weirdness, or just plain mental tiredness.

But in the meantime I look at my house that needs to be cleaned before we have people over for the 4th and then head off for our vacation and I'm sitting here like...


No comments:

Post a Comment