Everything you ever needed to know

Friday, July 17, 2015

All things Friday, even the things you didn't want to know

What if Elsa was really singing about her intestines?

Part One:
Finally! Some movement on the scale, and yes it was helped by a certain TMI subject. You realize how ridiculous watching the scale is when you get thrilled about a BM. Also, that you're getting old because you now rate them... But anyway...

Drum roll please..... 2.4 lbs down this morning. 19 lbs total. Yay! Enough to put a spring in my step and a smile on my face. Even if I get nothing else over the next couple of days I'll be quite happy.

Part Two:
I'm also happy because I'll finally be able to get a decent workout today. It seems like all of my workouts this week have been lighter efforts or crunched for time. Today and this weekend I'll be kicking it up a notch.

Part Three:
Yummy breakfast that has nothing to do with this post but I thought I'd share.
Nutrition details (including my normal cup of coffee with creamer).

Part Four:
Over the past 3 weeks or so I've been reading Michelle's blog: http://www.diaryofanaspiringloser.com (also on my blog roll to the right). She's been mentioned as a "Blogger to Read" in a couple different magazines and I was looking for something to help motivate me through these weeks. I went back to the start of her blog (2007) and have read through the majority of the entries - which makes me feel kind of stalker like but it is a really good blog. I identify a lot with some of her entries. I do spend some of it going - "Agghhh don't eat that!!" because I'm not a fan of WW for myself though it obviously worked for her (and many others) in the long run so I shouldn't be so judgy. It's not about finding the best diet or program - it's about finding what works best for you.

But most of all I'm inspired by how she gets out and hikes, camps, or does long bike rides. She lives in the San Francisco area so there's a lot of great places (and great weather) to enjoy but it has inspired me to look for some outdoor opportunities for myself. Then I also started to look at what races are out there that I might want to try... Not that I'm super into races anymore but it's nice to have something to work towards.

Part Five:
Here are a few things I'm thinking of...
  • Group Day Hike in mid-September (it's at least 7 miles, maybe more - whew!)
  • Group Canoe and Camping in late October
  • 4 mile Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving
  • Zoo Run Run 5k in late January
  • Local sprint tri or 10k race in mid-April
  • Semi-local sprint tri in mid-May
In a future post (sometime later next week) I'll talk about a medical issue that may side-line me in Dec/Jan but I won't know for sure about that for a few more days. Having a spring event will be good to keep me motivated. I also really hope to be close to or at my goal weight by the end of December but I'm not convinced I'll be there as I know towards the end the weight will be coming off much slower. Even if I'm 75% there I'll be happy but I'll need the extra push to finish up and activities afterwards to help me maintain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment