Everything you ever needed to know

Thursday, July 16, 2015

In this corner: a giant headache!

Made it to Zumba last night and managed to get through it with only a slight bit of dizziness. The plan for today was to wake up early and get to the gym for my C2-10K (W5D1) segment before work.

I needed to go this morning because I'll be working through lunch today and then donating blood this afternoon. Since you're not supposed to exercise hard after donating blood I had to switch up my plans. I got everything ready last night to make it easier for me to leave the house by 6 a.m.

So I woke up early, in fact an hour earlier than I had planned (4:30 a.m.). Only I woke up to a pounding horrific headache. I've been taking Sudafed to help with the vertigo stuff but I didn't take it last night because Sudafed makes me antsy and I don't sleep well while taking it. Bad move since my head was completely stuffed up which caused the headache. I got up and held my head as I stumbled to the bathroom to find the Ibuprofen and the Sudafed. It took about an hour but the worst of the headache went away. But there was no way I was heading out to the gym after that so I just slept for an additional hour.

Thus today is my rest day. I'm still going to walk tonight but only for as long as it takes to burn 200 calories. Why 200? I don't know, it just sounded good.

Here's how I'll change my schedule:

  • Thursday: walk/rest day
  • Friday: C2-10K and weights
  • Saturday: Elliptical and weights
  • Sunday: C2-10K and something... (we'll see what I'm in the mood for)
Scale weight went up a few ounces. #%&* My current theory is that I'm "backed up". I tried some prunes yesterday but they didn't do much. The weigh in didn't help my overall attitude after the headache debacle. It wasn't enough to make me feel like giving up but it certainly wasn't motivating either. As I drove the kids to their summer programs this song starting playing and at first I was like, "ugh I don't like this song" but as I listened to it I realized it was actually helping my attitude:


Then Bad Blood came on next and I was ready to face the day.

Non-scale related motivation for today: last night after Zumba I was sitting at a red light and realized there was a KFC in front of me. Now KFC doesn't induce any cravings or desires in me (although I do love their biscuits) but at first I told myself, "No, don't think about fast food - stay on track!" But then I thought for another second and said, "Actually, think about it - what are your triggers?" So I thought about all the yummy things I would have normally craved and none of it sounded good to me. This was a win because it wasn't about denying myself things I craved and it helped to realize that I actually didn't want it.

Today I rest, tomorrow I fight again.

No comments:

Post a Comment