Everything you ever needed to know

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Mini-Size Me

No whammy, no whammy, no whammy!
Unless it's a weird or bad week I should be able to reach Mini Goal #2 by the end of this week. This was the 15 lb loss goal. At this point I'll be back to the same weight I got down to last summer before we moved back to TN and I got way off track again. But I still have quite a lot to go - another 45 lbs -so here are my next few mini-goals.

  • Completed Mini Goal One: lose 12 lbs - to get to the weight that was on my health insurance personal assessment - goal date July 1st
  • Almost Completed Mini Goal Two: lose 15 lbs - to get to my lowest weight last summer - original goal date Aug. 8th
  • Mini Goal Three: lose 11 lbs - to no longer be "obese" on the BMI scale - goal date Aug. 24th or Aug. 31st
  • Mini Goal Four: lose 16 lbs - which will bring me to a 20% loss overall from my starting weight - goal date Oct. 31st
  • Mini Goal Five: lose 8 lbs - which brings me back to the lowest weight I've been since becoming an adult (last achieved in 2010) - goal date November 30th
  • Mini Goal Six: lose the last 10 lbs to get to goal weight = 165 (which is a 24.4 BMI of "normal") - not setting a goal date yet due to my thyroidectomy in December.
My goal dates assume a 2-3 lb loss each week. As mentioned before I know I won't keep up the 3 lbs loss every week. At some point it will slow down. And it might slow down to less than 2 lbs a week. So consider the goal dates as "penciled in". I'll adjust as needed.


Also, I'm really mulling over my C210K plans. I just finished W6D3 today (Monday - a 22 min run) and it was miserable. So I don't know if I want to keep doing the plan or to switch back to intervals for longer distances until I build up more endurance. Right now I'm only getting about 2 miles in on my C210K days.

So here's one thought...
  • Run 4 minutes, walk 1 minute for increasing distances rather than time - such as building in an extra half mile each week. Do this twice a week.
  • On the 3rd day of the week no intervals - just a straight slow run. Such as a 12 m/m pace (no walking) for same miles as the intervals.
Because I love spreadsheets I'm going to plot this out and see what it looks like. I might go ahead and finish the 5k portion of my C210K program before finalizing this decision. We'll see how I feel after 2 more weeks. Week 7 is 3 days of 25 min runs and Week 8 is 2 days of 28 min runs and 1 day of a 30 min run (which is supposed to be your 5k). I don't run again until Thursday this week so we'll see how the first day of W7 feels.

No comments:

Post a Comment