|No whammy, no whammy, no whammy!|
- Completed Mini Goal One: lose 12 lbs - to get to the weight that was on my health insurance personal assessment - goal date July 1st
- Almost Completed Mini Goal Two: lose 15 lbs - to get to my lowest weight last summer - original goal date Aug. 8th
- Mini Goal Three: lose 11 lbs - to no longer be "obese" on the BMI scale - goal date Aug. 24th or Aug. 31st
- Mini Goal Four: lose 16 lbs - which will bring me to a 20% loss overall from my starting weight - goal date Oct. 31st
- Mini Goal Five: lose 8 lbs - which brings me back to the lowest weight I've been since becoming an adult (last achieved in 2010) - goal date November 30th
- Mini Goal Six: lose the last 10 lbs to get to goal weight = 165 (which is a 24.4 BMI of "normal") - not setting a goal date yet due to my thyroidectomy in December.
My goal dates assume a 2-3 lb loss each week. As mentioned before I know I won't keep up the 3 lbs loss every week. At some point it will slow down. And it might slow down to less than 2 lbs a week. So consider the goal dates as "penciled in". I'll adjust as needed.
Also, I'm really mulling over my C210K plans. I just finished W6D3 today (Monday - a 22 min run) and it was miserable. So I don't know if I want to keep doing the plan or to switch back to intervals for longer distances until I build up more endurance. Right now I'm only getting about 2 miles in on my C210K days.
So here's one thought...
- Run 4 minutes, walk 1 minute for increasing distances rather than time - such as building in an extra half mile each week. Do this twice a week.
- On the 3rd day of the week no intervals - just a straight slow run. Such as a 12 m/m pace (no walking) for same miles as the intervals.
Because I love spreadsheets I'm going to plot this out and see what it looks like. I might go ahead and finish the 5k portion of my C210K program before finalizing this decision. We'll see how I feel after 2 more weeks. Week 7 is 3 days of 25 min runs and Week 8 is 2 days of 28 min runs and 1 day of a 30 min run (which is supposed to be your 5k). I don't run again until Thursday this week so we'll see how the first day of W7 feels.