|My new running partners.|
Yes, me - the one who just was complaining about how hard running 2 miles was. (Apparently, this is how I shut myself up from whining.)
And it's in late August - so it will still be hot and miserable!! I'm brilliant.
But seriously, I looked at it and could find no legitimate reasons not to register. Here are the good things...
- I should be far enough in my C210K to run the majority of it.
- But I can run/walk it if needed because I'm not trying to get a PR (though mark my words, as I get closer to the date I'll start making time goals for myself).
- It's a local race.
- The course is a nice one.
- It also supports a few charities I believe in.
- And if I get a picture of myself next to the Doughboy I'm sure to look skinny.