Everything you ever needed to know

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Oops, I did it again...

My new running partners.
In what should not come as a surprise to anyone, I just registered for a 5k: http://www.doughboychallenge.com.

Yes, me - the one who just was complaining about how hard running 2 miles was. (Apparently, this is how I shut myself up from whining.)

And it's in late August - so it will still be hot and miserable!! I'm brilliant.

But seriously, I looked at it and could find no legitimate reasons not to register. Here are the good things...

  1. I should be far enough in my C210K to run the majority of it.
  2. But I can run/walk it if needed because I'm not trying to get a PR (though mark my words, as I get closer to the date I'll start making time goals for myself)
  3. It's a local race. 
  4. The course is a nice one.
  5. It also supports a few charities I believe in.
  6. And if I get a picture of myself next to the Doughboy I'm sure to look skinny.



No comments:

Post a Comment