Everything you ever needed to know

Friday, July 10, 2015

Post vacation ramblings

Well, I'm still kind of on vacation as I still had today off from work and my parents are still in town visiting. But we got back from the beach yesterday and overall I think I did well - not perfect of course but that's not my goal anyway.

Wednesday I ate very well all day - until the end. But even then I didn't do horribly, I just indulged a bit more than I had planned. The hubby and I went out to celebrate our 11th anniversary and I had more than a few chips and 1/2 a margarita and a glass of wine. I didn't need the chips or alcohol but I really didn't feel that bad about it either because in the grand scheme of things it was fine to celebrate the moment rather than obsess about every calorie going into my mouth.


I got in all the exercising that I had planned to do on Tuesday-Thursday and I feel good about that. Thursday I had been doing really well with eating too - until the end. We all went out for Mexican. So it was more chips and another margarita. But that one I felt bad about. Mostly because the chips were automatic binge type munching. Shove one in and have the next one ready to go with very little pausing in between.

I also felt bad because I had managed to stay at exactly the same weight all week up to that point. Remember I didn't have a scale with me while on vacation so I did check in when we got home. I wasn't expecting a big loss but I thought I had done well enough to lose something. Even this morning it was still at that same weight - which I guess post chips and margarita was actually a good thing.

But it did motivate me today and I've been totally on track with both exercise and diet. I've avoided further chips and movie popcorn. Post exercise this morning I was down a pound but really that's not the most accurate time to weigh so I have to wait and see what it evens out to be at the end of the week. I really only expect one pound total for this week but we'll see.

I'm trying to keep things in perspective and realize that not gaining anything during a vacation week is the accomplishment to be proud of. I guess the only reason it bums me out is because I want to see scale validation for the choices I made in avoiding the breakfast buffet bar and staying on track with exercise. Instead I should feel good about those things even if they don't show an immediate scale reflection.

Losing weight is a tricky mental business. I just need to remember to step back and keep everything in perspective. I can do it but I have to keep reminding myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment