Everything you ever needed to know

Monday, July 13, 2015

Week 5 Results and Week 6 Schedule

Exercise:

  • Monday: a wee bit of sand walking and ocean swimming. I maybe burned 100 calories. Maybe. We'll use this as my rest day this week.
  • Tuesday: C2-10K, W3D3 plus some arm exercises with 5 lb free weights
  • Wednesday: 30 min on the elliptical and some ab exercises
  • Thursday: C2-10K, W4D1
  • Friday: C2-10K, W4D2 plus 30-40 min in the weights room at the gym (abs, arms, and legs)
  • Saturday: Elliptical (40 min) and weight room (focused on areas I didn't get Friday)
  • Sunday: Different elliptical (35 min) and one mile worth of speed work on treadmill

Estimated calorie burn was 3296. My mileage was really low since I didn't get in all the walks I wanted - probably about 8-9 miles total for the week. The elliptical is better for burning calories quicker but it will affect my mileage numbers.

Diet:
Too many chips and a few drinks but overall it really wasn't the end of the world. I didn't go over 1500 calories even on the bad days (if my tracking was accurate). It's just that it seems that my metabolism requires more of a net calorie loss for me to see change. But I can say that I'm really not enjoying the occasional diet sodas anymore - I tried another one while we were driving down to the beach and it immediately started a headache. I've also gotten used to a lot more water intake (the headache turned into a massive headache Monday night which I attribute to dehydration). My stomach is also happier with smaller portion sizes now. I still have relationship issues with tortilla chips however.

Gorgeous views make it easier to justify a glass of wine.
Weight: 1.2 lbs* lost, 16.6 lbs total
This reflects my weight as of Saturday morning. It floated back up one pound as of this morning but seeing how I made great diet & exercise choices yesterday I think it's just bloating. I expect it to drop again within a couple of days.
So even though my calorie intake was ok the weight loss is lower. Back to stricter choices for a little while. As mentioned before, I'm now 5 lbs out of 15 towards my second mini-goal. I would love to hit this goal by my second month "anniversary" of this current attempt (August 8th). This second mini-goal will bring me right to where I left off last summer.

Week 6 Schedule:
Monday: C2-10k, W4D3
Tuesday: Elliptical and abs/tone class
Wednesday: Zumba
Thursday: C2-10k, W5D1
Friday: Elliptical and weights
Saturday: C2-10k, W5D2
Sunday: Walk/Rest Day

Diet wise - I got used to a little extra sugar and carbs during vacation week so I'll be working on eliminating those cravings again. I'm happy to be back on a regular schedule again - though that does mean going back to work. But summers are pretty mellow for me so it's not too bad of a gig.

No comments:

Post a Comment